Saturday, August 14, 2010

Song Meme Days 9-12

Day 09 - A Song that you can dance to
Nelly Furtado - Maneater



The second I heard this song I was jamming. Nelly's harsh vocals, against harsh percussion, against harsh synths, and mixed in signature Timbaland fashion. I asked this to be played at every school dance and occasionally wait for it or request it at a club. The one song that can make me jam no matter the hour.

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Belong - Same Places (Slow Version)



Download it (Uploaded by the band themselves): http://www.mediafire.com/?tmjtm35wu4x

This song is one of my top played songs on Last.fm strictly because I play it before I go to sleep if I'm having a rough night or just want some ambient music to mellow me out a little bit more. The Youtube link provided is a condensed version of the song - The Mediafire link is the full 14+ minute masterpiece. It sounds a lot better slowed down. I wish I had more information on this band. They're kind of hard to come across.

Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
Massive Attack - Small Time Shot Away




Robert Del Naja's vocals drone through the entire 100th Window record. It's a record that perfectly puts into place the mind state of the world in a post 9/11 world and Small Time Shot Away is one of the most played tracks from my entire Massive Attack catalog. I'm unsure if this could be considered my favorite song because there are a couple of handfuls of songs that I constantly put on repeat, but it's up there in the top five.

I really like how minimalist it sounds, but it's fairly obvious to anybody with ears that a shitload of edits and work went into this song. Especially with the vocals. I also think the cymbals sound magnificent on this record and the soft kick brings everything together. Bravo, Massive Attack. Bravo.

Day 12 - A Song from a band you hate
Nickleback - Too Bad




There are a lot of bands that I hate worse than Nickleback. However, they're the epitome of Radio Friendly Rock - they don't really do anything remotely interesting for me. "Too Bad" is a nice little jam though..I guess.

Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - Your least favorite song
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere
Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 - A song that describes you
Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 - A song from your favorite album
Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 - A song from your childhood
Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year

No comments: